Established in 1971, the TK NPCC Unit aims to mould builders of a safe and secure home. We strive to develop our members to be active and community leaders, by working in partnership with the Singapore Police Force to fight crime and keep Singapore safe.
We believe in:
- Developing leaders with character and values. Ensure our growth by exposing us to a challenging environment, which in turn will imbibe us with leadership qualities, strong character and civic, social and moral values.
- Building bonds with Singapore Police Force. Enlighten us on the role of the Singapore Police Force, help to build a stronger bond of friendship with them, and so lead to a safer place for all in the country.
- Showing care and concern to others. As part of a culture that encourages us to treat fellow cadets with respect, courtesy and tact, teach us to extend the same care and concern to others.
- Facing challenges and achieving excellence. As a result of our identification with the Singapore Police Force, NPCC teaches us to adopt its tradition of high standards of performance, commitment to duty and service, to seek, to excel and to face up to challenges.
In accordance to the NPCC Training Framework stipulated by NPCC HQ, the key areas of emphasis in our training include law enforcement, national education, leadership, resilience, personal development, character development, innovation and enterprise. From the time a cadet is enrolled in NPCC, he will undergo structured training to acquire skills and knowledge that will help him thrive in 21st century.
We firmly believe in development of character, leadership and resilience. Training has evolved from just drills to more structured and interesting training programmes.
Our training programme includes:
- Law enforcement courses that include Police Knowledge Proficiency course, Police Youth Ambassador programme, Road Safety training, Crime Scene Investigation, weapons training (.22 Revolver), etc.
- National education courses such as Total Defence course, Civil Defence course, etc.
- Leadership training such as Communication skills, Facilitation skills, Leadership and Mentoring Skills Course, Cadet Leader Drill Course, etc.
- Resilience training that includes footdrills, campcraft, Adventure and Survival Training Camps, High Ropes Challenge.
- Personal development programmes that include Standard First Aid Training, 1 Star Kayaking Course
TK NPCC has also been exploring into different kinds of activities to help bring our cadets closer to achieving the qualities of a TK Graduate. Through a myriad of activities, values such as discipline, loyalty, integrity, resourcefulness, tenacity and civic-consciousness are inculcated to develop members into Caring and Responsible Citizens.
These activities include:
- National Heart Foundation Donation Drive
- NPCC Service Day
- Night cycling
- Introduction to Jumping Jacks
- Air revolver shooting
Our cadets are exposed to the unique opportunities to gain exposure and familiarity with Singapore’s crime prevention efforts to build a Safe and Secure Home.
Our visits include:
- Police Heritage Centre
- Home Team Academy Training Village
- Home Team Gallery
- Crime Scene Investigation
NPCC organises annual educational visits for our cadets and members. NPCC cadets and members have the opportunity to network, not just locally, but into foreign lands as well. The purpose of the visit is to broaden the mental horizon of our cadets and members through first-hand knowledge of the economic, social and cultural aspects of the host country. The educational visits focus mainly on regional Asian countries that have similar set-up as the NPCC so that our cadets are further exposed to the Police-Youth partnership programme in other countries.
Overseas Education Visits organised by NPCC HQ include Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai and Brunei.
TK NPCC also organises an annual Leadership and Adventure overseas camp for cadet leaders. The aim is to offer our cadets a different type of outdoor experience and develop their leadership skills, teamwork and resilience. Countries visited include Australia and Malaysia.
“With honour we serve, with pride we lead. Together, we unite.”
Dian Fransiska (3A)
- Mr Muhammad Ahmad B Mohamed Shahrir
- Miss Lim Xin Ying
- Miss Lim Yi Yan Joanne
- Ms Lim Suet Rui, Sarah