Home-Based Learning (HBL)
Home-Based Learning on Thursdays
From April 2020, all MOE schools will implement one day of Home-Based Learning (HBL) a week. This will help us prepare for an extended period of HBL should the need arises, so that our students can continue with their learning. All secondary schools will be conducting HBL on Thursdays, starting 2 Apr 2020. In the event that the day of HBL falls on a public holiday, your child will not need to make up for HBL on another day. Classroom lessons will still proceed as usual on the other days of the week.
- Your child will be provided with instructions on how to access their HBL materials by his/her teachers. If your child requires additional support for HBL such as access to computing devices or internet connection, please alert his/her form teacher for alternative arrangements.
- We will be leveraging on Student Learning Space (SLS) as one of the platforms for learning, as well as video-conferencing tools such as Google Meet and ZOOM.
- To prepare your child for HBL on 2 April, we seek your help to work with him or her to access the SLS platform. For technical issues pertaining to the use of the Student Learning Space (SLS) portals such as unlocking accounts and resetting passwords, please refer to the information below.
|SLS Support for Home-based Learning
School Operating Hours
During school operating hours, students should contact the School-based Helpline for SLS queries including all SLS access matters such as password reset and unlocking of accounts, as well as queries about lesson assignments.
· School-based Helpline: 6344 3471
· Mondays – Fridays: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Non-School Operating Hours
After the school operating hours, students should contact the SLS Helpdesk for support.
· Call SLS Helpdesk at 6702 6513
Mondays – Fridays: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
*Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
· Email SLS Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
When emailing the SLS Helpdesk, students should include their full name, name of school and form class.
If you require any clarifications, please kindly contact the school at email@example.com.
School-based helpdesk number is 6344 3471.