TK Graduate & Code Of Conduct
Students observe a common set of expectations with regards to school practices and classroom routines to maintain a positive learning environment in TK.
- Help the subject teacher to begin and end lessons on time
- Consult the teacher with respect when in doubt
- Exercise self-respect by being properly attired at all times
- Help keep the school clean
- Treat every person with respect
- Create an inclusive learning environment by using language of care at all time
In the Classroom
- Start of Lesson
- Help keep the classroom clean at all times
- Assist in ensuring default classroom seating arrangement is neat
- Greet teacher/guest after the command signal by the class Chairman
- Bring out the learning materials for the subject on your table
- During lesson
- Quieten down quickly and give your attention when your teacher shows the hand signal
- Raise your hand before posing questions
- Stand when answering/posing question
- Contribute your thoughts and viewpoints in class discussions
- Be attentive with no slouching on the table
- Refrain from visiting the toilet, unless urgent
- Be at your best behaviour at all times
- During lesson (Group work)
- Help arrange the class to get into group work seating arrangement upon teacher’s instructions
- Understand the objective and nature of group activity as well as ground rules set
- Perform the assigned group roles for the group work activity and carry out your responsibilities well
- End of Lesson (last 5 minutes of period)
- Seek to understand the key points of your lesson
- Arrange classroom seating back to default mode (when there is group work)
- Submit assignment by the row promptly (if necessary)
- Refer to the homework/assignment board for work that require your attention
- Thank the teacher for the lesson
- Proceed to prepare for the next lesson promptly
APPEARANCE AND UNIFORM
The school uniform is to be worn whenever a student comes to school and at all school-related activities, including those held during the school vacation or outside the school premises. Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
Students are to dress neatly at all times, both in and out of school.
When playing outdoor games, students must be in proper PE attire. (No outdoor games are allowed before school and during recess)
No tinted contact lenses will be allowed.
Uniform for Boys
- White short-sleeved shirt with the school badge on the left pocket. The shirt is to be tucked in at all times.
- Shorts for lower secondary boys, but trousers for upper secondary boys. Trousers must be purchased from the school.
- Black belts for upper secondary boys must be purchased from the school.
Uniform for Girls
- White short-sleeved blouse of fairly thick material, with the school badge on the left at the front of the uniform.
- Skirt of jade-green colour with box pleats. The skirt must cover half the knees.
Shoes and Socks
- Only plain white socks are allowed.
- Plain white socks must be fully visible and not just partially seen.
- Only white shoes or white-based sports shoes which are properly laced are allowed.
- No elaborate shoe design, colour and high-cut style sports shoes are allowed.
- School tie is to be worn every Monday until recess
- Students must put on their ties before they assemble for the flag-raising ceremony.
- No ornaments or jewellery is allowed.
- For girls, a pair of small, simple ear studs is allowed.
- Boys are not allowed to wear ear studs or sticks.
Nails and make-up
- Nails are to be kept clean and short at all times. Nail polish is not allowed.
- Putting on of make-up is not permitted.
- Boys’ hair must be cut short and neatly combed with a slope at the back.
- Hair should not be grown to reach the eyebrows in front, the collar at the back and the ears at the sides nor be outlandishly styled.
- No long side burns are allowed.
- All male students must be clean shaven and must not wear a beard and moustache.
- Girls with hair touching the second line of the collar must tie it up neatly with a black, dark brown, dark blue or dark green elastic band.
- Loose hair or fringe must be neatly pinned up.
- No fanciful haircut is allowed.
- Hair must not be tinted/ dyed.
- Only School (House) PE T-shirts are allowed during PE lessons.
- No T-shirt is allowed at all times unless the school’s shirt/blouse is worn over it. ONLY school approved T-shirts are allowed in this case.
- Dress down attire can only be worn on Fridays.
- Students may be in half-uniform on Saturdays. T-shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Level Coordinator (Discipline) must approve the design of the class T-shirt before it is sent for printing. Design must include the school’s name at the back of the T-shirt.
- Deadline for submitting the design to the Level Coordinator (Discipline) for approval is the end of Week 8 in Term 1. Late submissions will not be entertained.
- T-shirt sizes must be of standard types. No mini-cuts will be allowed.
ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
- Attendance in school is compulsory. Attendance will be taken before the morning assembly.
- Students, who are not with their classes when the flag-raising ceremony starts at 7.30am, are considered late.
- On Wednesdays, students should report to their classes by 8.20 am. Students not in their classrooms are considered late.
- Latecomers who come after the morning assembly are to record their names in the ‘Latecomer File’ that is placed in the General Office.
- Absence from school must be accompanied by a medical certificate and where appropriate, a letter of explanation from parents.
- No student should leave the school premises during school hours without permission from the Principal/Vice-Principal/HODs/SHs/LHs after informing the teacher in the class
Examination Rules and Procedures
- Students must report to school on time.
- Students must be attired properly in full school uniform.
- Students who are absent for any examination paper must produce a medical ceritificate (MC), or they will not receive any marks for the examination.
- Students are to keep the examination venue litter-free.
- Students must familiarise themselves with the classroom/hall seating plan.
- All bags/books are to be left outside the classroom (or at the sides/back of the hall). Only permitted writing material and mathematical instruments can be taken into the examination room.
- Students must be seated in the classroom/hall 10 minutes before the commencement of each paper.
- Students should follow invigilators’ instructions to ensure that:
- They have received the correct question paper;
- The paper contains the stated number of pages or questions;
- Additional materials required (e.g. writing paper, graph paper, maps) are given.
- Students must write his/her name, register number and class clearly on every answer sheet.
- Students should read the instructions for each paper carefully.
- Students are to number the questions correctly and according to the question paper.
- No correction fluid/tape is to be used in the examination.
- No student is allowed to leave the examination venue unless permission is given by the invigilator.
- It is desirable that answers are written neatly and clearly.
- 2B pencils should be used to shade the correct answers on the OMR forms for MCQ questions.
- Students must not remove any used or unused writing paper from the examination venue.
- Only silent, battery-operated and non-programmable calculators are allowed to be used for paper where the use of a calculator is permitted.
- Students are not allowed to borrow any stationary from other students during the examination.
DISHONESTY DURING EXAMINATION
- A student who attempts to obtain unfair assistance or is caught cheating will be severely dealt with by the school. He/she will receive a zero mark for that paper.
- A student who allows his/her answers to be copied by another student will also be severely dealt with by the school. He/she will receive a zero mark for that paper.
- A student who possesses unauthorised materials (e.g. notes) or unauthorised electronic devices (e.g. mobile phones) will be severely dealt with. He/she will receive a zero mark for that paper.